Dads are the greatest, aren’t they? From Gregory Peck to Robert Redford, check out some of our favorite famous fathers. My dad is my partner in crime: we have our own language (literally), we’re constantly scheming up new ideas, and he always laughs at my jokes — even when they’re not funny (probably because I return the favor). Happy Father’s Day! – xo, Annie
Summer is here, which means: ice cream. If you find yourself in Los Angeles this summer, remember to make ice cream a priority! xo, Annie
1) Diddy Riese – You get your choice of freshly baked cookies and ice cream — making the inevitable line out the door worth it. 926 Broxton Avenue, Westwood, CA 90024
2) Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – Remember to get a pint to go, too. 1954 Hillhurst Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90027
3) Malibu Yogurt & Ice Cream – Stop by for a scoop (or two) after spending the day at Zuma Beach. 23755 Malibu Road #600, Malibu, CA 90265
4) Salt & Straw – In addition to their shops, they also have a monthly ice cream delivery club. The future is here! 240 N. Larchmont Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90004
5) Sprinkles – It doesn’t get much better than ice cream scooped in between a cupcake. Make sure to stop by the Cupcake ATM, too. 9635 South Santa Monica Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
6) Sweet Rose Creamery – Try their fresh mint with chocolate chips. Trust me. 225 26th Street #51, Santa Monica, CA 90402
Photo of Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday via Pinterest
Last weekend we went on an impromptu road trip to “Dinosaur Land” in eastern Utah and it had me feeling like summer is really here! (Road trips just feel like summer, don’t they?) I’m looking forward to more little field trips and spending time in the great outdoors this coming month. I’d love to hear your plans for June! xo, Eva
Time for another list of favorites…
- Happy Father’s Day!
- I’m in the middle of reading The Little Paris Bookshop. Such a great read!
- Calling all Wizard of Oz fans.
- The perfect summer grain dish.
- Counting down the days until we’re in Paris!
- One of my favorite Instagram accounts. I’d love to hear some of your favorites!
- Love this.
- While we’re in Europe this fall, I’m excited to explore a lot of the smaller, lesser known museums.
- Making a conscious effort to drink more water.
- What food is in season in June.
- Have you read any of these?
- One of my favorite summer movies.
- Will definitely be making these.
- Channeling Marianne Faithfull.
- I prefer my socks sunny side up.
- Taking notes for summer entertaining.
- 5 things you didn’t know about Marilyn Monroe.
- Watermelon means summer. (Love this print!)
- Thinking of buying Ingrid and Lars this for our next family movie night.
- Have you seen our new clothing section in the shop?!
Photo by Louise Dahl-Wolfe via Pinterest