A little late to the party, Kirk and I are just finishing up the final season of Parenthood. I’ll be a little sad to say goodbye to the Bravermans. What I love about that show is how it really celebrates family — and a big, multigenerational, sometimes wonderful, sometimes messed up family. It feels real — at least more real than the way most TV shows depict families.
I find myself wishing that all my siblings lived in the same town and that they’d pop by my work just to ask me a question (instead of texting like normal people) and we’d have sibling dance parties and hang out in hospital waiting rooms together. (Okay, maybe not that last part.) I can’t believe we’re all grown up and that my brothers and sister and I are all adults and are married and have children.
I also can’t believe my baby just turned 3, because it means that I don’t really have a baby anymore — just kids. But they’re pretty awesome kids. And I feel incredibly grateful to be a mother and a sister and a daughter and a wife.
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers and nurturers and sisters and daughters out there! xo
And for this month’s list…
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- Uplifting, witty, and wise quotes from 12 amazing women.
- What food is in season in May.
- One of my favorite new podcasts. What podcasts are you listening to?
- Looking forward to seeing this.
- For the travel lover.
- I recently switched up my hairstyle, which is always a scary step to take, but I’m happy I did!
- Will definitely be making these.
- 5 life lessons from one of my favorite films.
- Always up for a classic diner.
- Planning a party just so I can make this.
- Celebrating 100 years in America’s National Parks.
- Teeny tiny treehouses.
- Next time you’re in Minneapolis…
- I’m excited to try my hand at Nordic home cooking.
- Love the colors and shapes of these illustrations.
- 5 unexpected places to travel this summer.
- Major style inspiration.
- Have you seen our new collection?!
Photo via Pinterest